i am happy with how three out of four of characters look, but i am struggling with the looks of my heroine, gertrude buttons. i spent last night playing with watercolors and ink and drew so many faces. after i added thick lashes and eyeliner to my previous picture of gertrude buttons, i felt i was on to something. i also was kind of satisfied with this picture of her and her co-star, harvester jones. i just feel i haven’t quite gotten her right. it has not clicked for me yet.
meanwhile, plots are starting to develop in my head. i want it to be fantastic, yet real. which means i need to pull some serious talent out of my butt.
we’ll see how that goes.
2 thoughts on “playing with technique & appearance”
Once upon a time I started writing a short story in the steam punk genre (which I imagined could become graphic) centered on an airship pirate called Auraline, Queen of the Skies. Your ship brings me back… Anyway, I like what you’re experimenting with here!
thanks for checking out my art! i am starting to finally get excited about my own art & the possibility of it being more than just “a nice hobby” (as my parents always called it!) i like the name of your steampunk story and the airship pirate idea! i hope you are doing well.